Monday, August 10, 2009

Broiled Rainbow Trout

I love simply prepared fresh seafood! I wanted whole fish because they're so beautiful to shoot when the lighting is just right, so I decided on fresh wild caught rainbow trout. To prepare, I used fresh thyme and rosemary stuffed inside the cavity of the cleaned belly, drizzled a bit of olive oil, then sprinkled a generous amount of grey sea salt and fresh cracked pepper. They broiled on the bottom rack in the oven for the first 10 minutes, then the top rack during the last 2 minutes to achieve a nice blistered skin. Right before indulging, I squeezed fresh lemon juice on top to balance out the salinity of the sea salt.





2 comments:

  1. yammy. Just like the way grandpa used to cook for me when ever he got a veery fresh fish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This reminds me of when we used to go to the grunion runs in Huntington Beach and grandpa would broil the fish for us when we got home. :) Of course I'd always want to keep one as a pet, but that never worked out...

    ReplyDelete